“I didn't know anything about the help I could get until I came here.”
Welcome to the Carers Support Centre
The Carers Support Centre is a drop-in centre for carers in Croydon Town Centre offering advice, information and support to anyone looking after someone who needs help due to illness, disability or old age. Run by the Carers’ Information Service, the centre is the ‘one stop shop’ for carers in Croydon.
Drop in and see us
The Carers Support Centre is open Monday to Friday, 10am – 4pm. Carers living or looking after someone in Croydon are more than welcome to visit us for information and advice on their caring role. You can find us at 24 George Street, Croydon CR0 1PB (opposite George Street tram stop) - see a map.
At the Carers Support Centre, you can speak to one of our friendly advice workers at the Centre with any query you have about caring. We also host a range of activities, events and training for Croydon’s carers.
What else is on offer?
There’s plenty going on for carers at the Carers Support Centre. You can:
- Talk to one of our advice workers for information and advice about any issue related to caring
- Sit and relax in the Carers Café with a free hot drink, Wi-Fi and book from our carers’ library, or have a chat with other carers and our friendly volunteers
- Attend one of our regular bookable advice surgeries to get specialist advice on a range of issues including benefits, debt, housing and legal advice
- Take part in our free training and workshops for carers. Past topics including caring for someone with dementia, assertiveness, moving and handling and managing stress
- Attend a range of social and wellbeing events for carers including singing, dance, massage, book discussion and craft sessions
- To find out about the latest events, workshops, training and advice surgeries, visit our What’s On calendar.
As well as the Carers’ Information Service, you can find many other Croydon organisations for carers at the Carers Support Centre. Organisations based at the Carers Support Centre include: Off the Record's Young Carers Project, Rethink, KIDS, Horizon Care and Welfare Association, Help for Carers (formerly Crossroads), Healthwatch Croydon, Parents in Partnership Croydon (PIP Croydon), Family Lives, JAGS Foundation and on a part-time basis - Croydon Mencap's Older Carers Assessment and Support Service.
Contact the Carers Support Centre
Visit: Monday to Friday, 10am - 4pm, 24 George Street, Croydon CR0 1PB
Call: 020 8649 9339, option 1