Carers Week 12 - 18 June 2017: our biggest yet!
Carers Week 2017 (12 - 18 June 2017) at the Carers Support Centre is gearing up to be our biggest yet, with more events than ever before. Our jam-packed programme includes:
· Freebies to give away for carers
· Chat to a professional relevant to your caring situation
· Relaxing massage, dance, henna hand painting and art
· Vintage afternoon tea at the Carers Café
· Talks on carer support and healthcare for carers
· Chance to have your say on Croydon’s Carers Strategy
· Annual Carers’ Information Day
· And much, much more!
You can find a full timetable of all our Carers Week activities with further details in our flyer: Carers Week 2017 at the Carers Support Centre. Paper copies can be picked up at the Carers Support Centre.
Why do we need Carers Week?
With three in five of us becoming carers at some point in our lives, it's important that the importance, value and challenges of caring are properly recognised. Carers Week is an opportunity to draw the public's attention to carers, and to call on our community to do more to support those who dedicate so much of their time to looking after others.
This year, Carers Week is focusing on Building Carer Friendly Communities. Carer friendly communities support carers to look after their loved ones well, while recognising that they are individuals with needs of their own. Find out more on the Carers Week website.