Register as a carer and become a member
You don’t have to tell anyone that you’re a carer, but it can be useful to register as a carer if you are trying to access certain discounts or services.
You can register at the Carers Information Service to receive a Carers' Information Pack: Carers Information Service Registration Form.
You might find it helpful to ask your GP to register you as a carer.
You can become a member of the Carers Support Centre - for FREE. As a member, you'll receive:
- Membership card and recognition of your caring role.
- Some great local discounts, including massage therapies and hair and beauty - see our membership flyer.
- Carers' information pack with all our handy factsheets.
- Optional subscription to our quarterly newsletter, Carers News.
- Optional subscription to our monthly e-bulletin, What’s New for Carers?
Other ways to prove you are a carer
If you need to show you are receiving Carer’s Allowance, you could use your benefit entitlement letter from the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP).
If the person you support receives a disability benefit, then their benefit entitlement letter may also be accepted.